Confession time. I love potatoes – baked, fried, mashed and every other kind in between. So I am always looking for new ways to make them. This Parmesan Baked Potato Halves recipe is fantastic and it includes another one of my favorite food groups – cheese! The crispy parmesan cheese adds a great texture to a baked potato.
They are easy to make, have a few ingredients and they look and taste great! Sounds like the perfect recipe to me.
Simple recipe that looks and tastes great. The crispy parmesan cheese adds a great texture to a baked potato.
- 6 Small potatoes, cut in half Scrub potatoes first)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Other Seasonings (to personal taste preferences)
1. Preheat oven to 400oF.
2. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle other seasonings all over the butter.
3. Place potato halves face down on the butter and seasonings. (Skin side up)
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool for at least a full 5 minutes before removing from the pan, otherwise, parmesan crust won’t stick to the potato.
5. Serve with a side of sour cream for dipping.
This is a great recipe to add your own personal spin to. Choose the spices your family likes and add as much or as little as you prefer.
I originally got this recipe from www.favfamilyrecipes.com